// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 10

Recent attempts at an undefeated weekend:



Following the recent hot streak, pageviews are rising.  For the new readers, I pick college football games every week.  These are my own picks with the help of a betting algorithm I created three years ago.  They are also free.  Last month I showed a tout website who picked football winners and lost money.  The Stream has been profitable every year.

Some people bet every single pick.  Others only bet the games they like, which I would advise.  Looking at the entire board of games, you have a 50% chance of picking winners.  Start with my slate and you've had a 61.3% chance to pick winners this year.

I select the games at 12pm on Mondays and Thursdays.  My advice, bet them early because the lines will move in my favor.  Just last week, here are the differences from when I made the picks on Monday to Saturday: 4.5, 4.5, 4, 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 3, 0.

I post my picks in descending order of confidence.  Those at the top are my best selections.

//

+ Week 10 Plays --

"Most Confident"
Georgia Tech (-9.5) - Pittsburgh

"Rest of the Picks"
Purdue (+30.5) - Ohio State
San Jose St (-3) - UNLV


Last Week: 5-3-1
Season: 68-43-3 (61.3%)

//

Not picking these games but I think the following lines will increase: Syracuse (-3.5), North Carolina (-3), South Carolina (-13), Tulsa (-3).


13 comments :

Anonymous said...

Does the fact that G Tech's top running back's name is Laskey have anything to do with the recent love the Yellowjackets have been getting? Bought in at 10 1/2, that loss stung (pun intended)

Miggy said...

The guy is simply a machine in the red zone. This line will go up. GT is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 home games. Pitt is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 road games.

kb said...

Congrats on another big week. Truly amazing the way almost every line moved huge in your direction
as the week wore on. Each week the line movements have increased more than the one before. Hey,
so have the Stream's page views. I get it.

Miggy said...

KB, I owe my entire Delaware audience to you. By chance are you also responsible for the recent pageviews from Russia?

Unknown said...

blindly followed you on the Purdue pick. Now getting nervous after thinking about that OSU/PSU game. Make me feel confident again...

Miggy said...

11am start in West Lafayette, hangover game for Buckeyes, Urb has had some close calls on the road against inferior teams.

Kevin said...

Current Record since Reporting to MnStream:

2-10 (0-4 LOW™)
20% Success

Week 9 Picks:

Oregon State (-5) over USC
Florida (+2.5) over Georgia
LOCK OF WEEK : Auburn (-8) over Arkansas

Anonymous said...

How hard is it to run the algorithm? You back test it against NFL recently?

Miggy said...

Running it is easy. Creating it from scratch, not so much. My algorithm only applies to college football. This special key to unlock value wouldn't work in the NFL, it's a much different game.

Miggy said...

Kevin's selection of Georgia Tech was made on 10/22 when the line was -10.

Official record: 2-9-1 (0-3-1 LOW™)

kb said...

two comments:

1. Not sure if the Russian page views are on my account although I may have mentioned in passing to Putin that he could make a few rubles on American football if he hopped on board the MnStream Express.
2. I am all over Kev's LOW. Woo Pig Sooie going down hard!

Ajohns said...

Absolutely no chance Oregon St lays an egg on Fri night in Corvellis if Dombo doesn't pick them. I wouldn't be surprised if Riley said as much in his post game.

Miggy said...

Off to a slow start today. Cold as ice. No bueno.