// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Friday, October 4, 2013

Is The Mainstream The Only Website In The World That Picks Winners?

Three things happened at lunch today...


1. Since it's Friday I went with the double order.  Burrito from Chipotle and a big Wreck from Potbelly.  No big deal.
2. Found out traffic on the Mainstream has increased in a big way.  In September, 3,000 pageviews.  Kinda big deal.
3. I had an idea about adding certain statistics to improve my algorithm.  While hunting for data, I came across some website called Team Rankings.  Never seen it before.  Have the Mainstreamers?  Well guess what, I quickly learned they are my competition.  New rival #1.


Team Rankings is a sports website with betting advice.  They charge $49 per month to subscribe to their picks.  Compared to the free picks that I provide on the Mainstream, how do we compare?


2013
Team Rankings:  50.7%
Mainstream:  59.8%

2012
Team Rankings:  50.9%
Mainstream:  53.3% 

2011
Team Rankings:  49.5%
Mainstream:  63.4% 


Bloodbath City!

So naturally I have to assume I'm doing this all wrong.  How is Team Rankings raking in cash with these picks?  I need to hire a business team right?  Guys to handle the business side, marketing, the works.  Guys who wake up in the morning and redefine the meaning of "work ethic".


Prosperous times ahead for the Mainstream indeed.  

5 comments :

ajohns said...

I'm hitting 24% in NFL, tell your friends. That is next to impossible. Just setting records over here.

After a brief hiatus I'm back to NCAAF: Nevada/SD St. un59

Brigee said...

3,000 pageviews in a month? Nice. I think we used to get 600 back in the stream's previous prime. At least you're not letting it go to your head.

ajohns said...

I only had one play last night but I was wrong on both sides and the other total. Can I take credit for 0-4? Trying to make history.

Miggy said...

I don't even want to guess but something tells me that you were on Northwestern last night.

Miggy said...

One of the worst beats I've seen