// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mike's Bump & Run 2

Jay-Z
Starting off with the ridiculous and gradually transitioning to the mellow, Mike's Bump & Run is an ongoing series that can be likened to a bastard child of USA Today and The Atlantic Monthly on acid.

// Eminem is set to begin publishing his memoirs. I was the only white kid... my mom abused a lot of drugs... Proof was nice to me, he's dead... drugs are fun... blah, blah, blah, etc. Don't get me wrong I love Shady. His music has been rad and at this point any press is good press if Detroit's involved. All that aside; why would I want to spend money to hear about drugs, sex, music, violence and money when I've seen it first hand growing up on the mean streets of Grosse Ile? Y'all don't know my struggle.

// I think a good idea for a Twilight Zone episode would have a person waking up and everyone around them talks like a network reality show host. Imagine the frustration that person would feel. Mr. Samuelson... how... did you feel... about the mustard... your wife has been using... ON YOUR TURKEY SUBS! The only downside of the episode would be the person would kill his/herself within an hour. I guess it could still work with commercials.

// Be Kind Rewind opens on Friday. Two video rental store dudes accidentally erase their library of tapes and then decide to make their own versions. Little did I know (and little did you know before now, say Thank You to mnstream), this film-making process actually happens all the time and is called "sweding". This link is highly recommended: here's a glorious list of "sweded" movies made by various idiot troupes.

// This year's NCAA tournament should be reorganized. They should take an All-California team (USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal) and put them up against All-Indiana (IU, Purdue, Notre Dame). The winner of that plays whoever comes out of All-North Carolina (Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, NC State) versus All-Tennessee (UT, Memphis). I don't know why I'm not chairman of the NCAA.

// Blog Review: While Mainstream is The Official Voice of the Internet©, we'd be remiss if we didn't tell you about our decidedly less important blogging brethren. So, from time to time Mike will be reviewing other blogs. First up is With Leather, a sports blog. Short review: uncannily hilarious and informative. I suggest surfing over to With Leather every day right after you're done reading, annotating, contemplating and appreciating The Mainstream. Here is one of my favorite recent samples. Enjoy.

// The NFL Combine starts today. The general feeling right now is that with a solid workout, Chris Long can solidify his grip on being drafted #1 overall by Bill Parcells and the Dolphins. There is also a general feeling that regardless of workouts, Matt Millen will draft the best wide receiver available with the 15th pick. On a serious note, The MNStream Team firmly believes that all who pass on Michigan running back Mike Hart will feel regret. Despite his smarmy diatribes about my beloved Spartans, I believe he'll be a very solid NFL back.

// Lastly, ABC announced its new lineup for Dancing With the Stars. So, despite Fidel Castro's resignation in Cuba, the world is at peace once again.

3 comments :

Unknown said...

sweding? wow who needs movies?

Anonymous said...

Not me. I like the "By the Common Man, For the Common Man" theory.
However, their sweding of Pixar films probably wouldn't work. Or would it?

Anonymous said...

I love Pixar Films