// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blogging is Like Riding a Bike...

They say you never forget, and from my personal experience (with riding bikes) that's true. However it is important to note that there will be some rust. In almost any walk of life, getting off the schneid requires a period of re-acquaintance. To that end, let's get some things stipulated:
1) Brian and Kevin are professionals now. I soon hope to follow (lower/shake my head). We're here to stay because we know the internet hasn't been the same since we peaced.
2) I'm here for infotainment. There will be two types of Mike Posts (or "MiPos"). One is the short and sweet, with a little blurby and a link to something I thought was awesome. I share these things because without me, nobody would realize what was awesome and what sucked. The second MiPo is of a lengthier persuasion (that's what she said) and it will contain more hardcore Mike.

Without further ado...
I like my PodPiece very much. Before the summer of 2003 and my first iPod, I can't remember taking any long walks w/o music. The iPod is the quintessential "how did we live before this" piece of tech. One of the more underrated parts of the iPod is its versatility. Through accesories, your PodPiece can become a fitness computer, a T.P. dispenser, or it can even take the place of your emasculated husband! The possibilities are near endless! At it's heart though, the iPod is about the music. The very second these little bastards flooded the PC market and everybody you know got one, people wanted to be able to play them aloud as easily as they could CDs. We didn't just want to be able to hear our music, we wanted to be able to make other people hear our music. External speakers/dock connectors/iPod ready stereo sets became essential.

When I make a purchase as relevant as iPod speakers, I put some serious thought into it. Three years ago, after hours of deliberation, I settled on the original JBL Creatures.
After over 4 years of faithful service despite frequent drunken kickings and beverage spills, the JBLs look to be on their last leg. Sad, yes. However, being an American consumer I am trained to give the "F*ck It" response and look for another without remorse. Looking, looking, looking.... found one! The LASONIC Ghetto Blaster is clearly dope. A little over-the-top? Perhaps. Ostentatious? Without a doubt. This is way my stereo than I'll ever need and the price tag will probably be equally outlandish. But look how sweet it looks! In the end, isn't that all that matters?

It's good to be back on the mainstream. Late.

No comments :