// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Friday, February 15, 2008

Deep Thoughts, By Jack Handey


"I think there should be something in science called the "reindeer effect." I don't know what it would be, but I think it'd be good to hear someone say, "Gentlemen, what we have here is a terrifying example of the reindeer effect."

"I hate it when people say somebody has a "speech impediment" even if he does, because it could hurt his feelings. So instead, I call it a "speech improvement", and I go up to the guy and say, "Hey, Bob, I like your speech improvement." I think this makes him feel better."

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

"If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture."

"For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: Why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness."

"When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job."

"I wish I lived on a planet that had two suns---regular sun and "rogue" sun. That way, when somebody asked me what time it was, I'd say, "Regular time?" And they'd say, "Yeah." And I'd say, "Sorry, all I have is rogue time." It'd be fun to be a stuck-up rogue-time guy."

"If you ever go temporarily insane, don't shoot somebody, like a lot of people do. Instead, try to get some weeding done, because you'd really be surprised."

I don't think these will ever get old.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

While were doing some deep[tee] thinking, heres a couple teasers to wrap your mind around. Let me preface this by saying that some are very hard (thats what she said):

What is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt?"

What is unique about the sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog?"

The words "racecar, kayak and level" are all ________.

What are the only four words in the English language which end in "dous?"

Whats unique about these two English language words, "abstemious and facetious?"

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for ________.

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have ________.

The winter of 1932 was so cold the ________ froze completely solid.

Women ________ nearly twice as much as men.

Anonymous said...

Answers:

dreamt

uses every letter in the alphabet

palindromes

tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous

have all five vowels in order

1/100 of a second

full moon

niagra falls

blink

Brigee said...

.... psychooo....