// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tenacity

After starting 2-8, I had a lot of doubters.  A lot of people fading my picks.  A lot of people telling me to get off the site.  Insults.  Death threats.  You name it.  Well look what has happened.  Since that dismal start, I have made money 6/7 of the last weeks and have finally crawled into the green and sit at 24-21 with my 4-1 week nine.  Since week two, I have been 22-13.  Even better the past few weeks.  I think my sweet spot is the SEC.  It’s pretty easy to spot one game or maybe even two games each week that are swayed by sports’ analyst perception and by Feinbaum and the rest of ESPN.  Remember, it is very important to talk to your kids about the SEC myth:

Here is my trajectory so far this year. Not happy until I get well above 60%.


Overall feeling going into week ten:




Kevin's Week Nine Picks
W - USC (-5.5) over Cal
W - Clemson (-10) over NC State
W - Miami (+11) over Duke
L - Boston College (+2.5) over VT
W - Navy (-7) over USF (LOW)

Kevin's 2015 Record
Overall - 24-21 (53%)
Last Week – 4-1 (80%)
Lock of Week - 6-3 (66%)


Kevin's Week Ten Picks
Vanderbilt (+21) over Florida
Michigan State (-5) over Nebraska
Navy (+8.5) over Memphis
Arkansas (+11) over Mississippi
Wisconsin (-12.5) over Maryland (LOW)

3 comments :

Bryan said...

Bryan's Week 10 Picks*
Illinois (-2) over Purdue
Duke (+8) over UNC
Georgia (-14) over Kentucky
Arkansas (+11) over Mississippi
Iowa (-6.5) over Indiana (LOW)

*Generally, I look at games on Tuesday morning and post them whenever Kevin gets around to posting. So, when he posts at 11:00 pm on Tuesday, it kinda throws off my timing. This week, I had both NIU (+8) and KSU (+20) in my picks, but didn't post until today. I excluded them, but going forward in future weeks I will count those.

Bryan's Week 9 Picks
W - Florida State (-20) over Syracuse
W - Florida (-3) over Georgia
L - Michigan (-14) over Minnesota
L - Stanford (-12) over Washington State
L - Notre Dame (-9.5) over Temple (LOW)


Bryan's 2015 Record
Overall - 21-17-2 (55%; +$211)
Last Week – 2-3
Lock of the Week - 5-3

Kevin said...

don't blame your bad picks on me

Bryan said...

I blamed my lack of good picks on you. My bad picks are my own. Get it straight.