// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday Update

What I look like on saturday when I'm grinding a MAC game on gamecast, constantly refreshing, and losing all hope of a cover...


+ Lasko’s Week 3 Picks --

Boston College (+9) - Florida State
UMass (+10.5) - Temple
Over 54.5 - Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame

//

Adding a few home dogs to the lineup.

Let’s start with FSU at BC -- A Friday night special.  This number jumped from +7.5 to +9 today.  FSU was a 16.5-point favorite last year and kicked a field goal with three seconds left to escape with a 20-17 victory.  Expect another close game this year.

Now as for UMass, I'm doing something that I don't thing has ever been done on the Stream.  I'm going against the model.  Everything points to Temple winning this game big.  The model loves Temple.  The public loves Temple.  Couch loves Temple.  The Owls are off to a hot start.  And yet the line has dropped from +12.5 to +10.5 (still just above a key number).  Someone knows something and I'm jumping on board.

//

Line moves this week:
Love the action from our bets on Monday.  Every game -- Illinois, Memphis, Kansas State -- moving 1 or 1.5 points in our direction and crossing key numbers.  We have a special weekend in the works.

Georgia Tech has been bet heavily by the public.

California was a big early play.  The line opened at Texas +3.5 and moved quickly to +7.  Sharps found a soft number and hit it immediately.

UCLA-BYU is a sharp/square battleground.  The sharps are on UCLA while the public likes the dog.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what, I did not expect to be betting $100 on UMass this weekend but here I am.