// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

There's a New Kid in the Neighborhood (kind of)

By popular demand, (AKA Laske's request), I will no longer post my picks in the comment section and instead post them alongside Laske as posts.  Read: Make sure you look at who posts the picks before taking any action!  Because this is the first year I'm bringing my picks outside of the comment section, I am throwing out all previous records.  Let's just say that shorting my picks the past three years might have been the only more profitable bet than Laske pre-2014 season.  The rules for my pics are simple.  I am making five picks a week that I believe offer the best value against the field.  No matter how attractive or unattractive a week is, I will pick 5 games.  My picks will be in by Wednesday each week and they will be based off of the covers line as of the time my picks are in.  I also have one Lock of the week which is my most confident pick of the week. I will track overall record, previous week's record, and lock of week (LOW) record.  We have different styles for picks.

Laske built an algorithm based on a ton of research and heavy studies and many books.


I on the other hand, have a less formal and more natural "feel" approach.



Let's get this going.  Week 1, here we go.

Kevin's Week 1 Picks

South Carolina (-2) over North Carolina
Oklahoma State (-23.5) over Central Michigan
Penn State (-6.5) over Temple
Mississippi State (-23.5) over Southern Mississippi
Texas State (+30) over Florida State (Lock of Week)




7 comments :

Bryan said...

Aligning yourself with Gosling and Laske with Galifanakis is an absolute slap in the face.

Miggy said...

Classic Kevin

Anonymous said...

Kevin = Gene

https://youtu.be/cDwJSX8suEQ?t=22

Miggy said...

Gene's trash! .. I'm Gene haha

PS - Just saw that Temple has lost 38 straight to Penn State. HOOT!

Brigee said...

Fire Up Chips! Good call, Sko

Bryan said...

I can promise you that I was more heartbroken by the UNC interception last night than any UNC player, coach, or fan. #hater #shouldhavekickedthefieldgoal

Kevin said...

If Laske has a pick that is opposite of mine it's pretty much free money.