// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 12



// Trying to appear confident after the last two weeks.

// These lines are taken from 5Dimes as always.  While traveling for work, I ran the algorithm on Monday at 12pm ET and Thursday at 12pm ET.  The lines below are from those dates/times.

// Last week, I realized that I was pulling for a lot of teams that were playing their backup QB.  I don’t have any inputs or relationships to account for the impact of a backup quarterback.  When a backup takes over the #1 spot on the depth chart, the lines in Vegas adjust but my algorithm doesn’t factor the effect of this.  When a team is playing its backup QB, I have highlighted the game in blue

// I’m also skeptical to bet against any of the top 3 teams right now (Kansas State, Oregon, Notre Dame).  My model can’t account for these teams putting up style points as they try to prove that they belong in the top 2.

+ Week 12 Plays -- 
Idaho (+7) - Texas-San Antonio
Colorado St (+28.5) - Boise St
Stanford (+21.5) - Oregon
Arkansas (+7) - Mississippi St
Utah (-1) - Arizona
South Alabama (+10) - Middle Tennessee St
Maryland (+31) - Florida St
Oklahoma (-10.5) - West Virginia
Western Michigan (-12.5) - Eastern Michigan
Notre Dame (-23.5) - Wake Forest
Hawai`i (+23.5) - Air Force
Nevada (-10) - New Mexico
Brigham Young (-3) - San Jose St
Ball St (-4) - Ohio U.
Boston College (+10) - Virginia Tech

// 

+ Gut Plays -- 
Air Force – Hawaii (-21.5). This is the current Friday afternoon line on 5Dimes.  This may go against the model but I’m confident in this pick for three reasons.
1. My friend at work has essentially made this his lock of the year. I’m riding it.
2. Hawaii reeks.
3. When I watch Hawaii attempt to play football:

2 comments :

ajohns said...

that's why we don't have locks, kids. Back to my contrarian strategy.

Miggy said...

Hawaii is so far in my head. Can't predict their games.