// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Friday, July 18, 2008

I Had Nightmares


// Michigan's new away uniforms. I am LOVING the Rich Rodriguez era at Michigan so far. Such a terrible hire. In the year 2094, here's what I'll be telling my great-grandkids: "Back when I was your age, Michigan was one of the best programs in the country. They would regularly rack up a 10-win season like it was nobody's business! They were more repsected - and held in higher regard - than almost any other program in the nation." And then my grandkids will cry because they'll think I've gone crazy. Hear these words: the hiring of Rich Rodriguez is the first step on Wolverine Football's long, slow, inevitable journey into Vanderbilt territory. I am VERY excited about this.

// The whole nightmares thing: that's a lie. I didn't have nightmares about the Joker last night. I especially didn't have any where he sang songs and danced around me while I was tied up in a chair... naked. I did NOT have nightmares like that last night. Seriously though, go see Batman. Think about the expectations a geek like me would have for that movie. All the hype, all the hysteria; it was all over. All that was left was the movie, and none of that hype mattered anymore. It all came down to the simple question: would the movie disappoint or would it not disappoint? I had a pretty strong inclination to believe the movie would be at least good, I just hadn't considered it could be this mother effing good. The movie exceeded every single one of my expectations. I don't think I've ever had more fun sitting and watching something. Long story short: do yourself a favor, take a couple hours of "me time" today or tomorrow or Sunday and go see The Dark Knight. It can't be stressed enough how incredible this movie is.

// From the flip side of the coin (Two Face pun!): If you feel like getting angry, check out this trailer. Is there anything more infuriating than the dicks who put out these movies? Seriously, I'm asking. Is there? The answer... is yes. It's the effing people who go to the theatre and PAY MONEY TO SEE THESE PIECES OF SHIT. I want to find the jerk who directed all of these films abortions and kick him in the teeth. After you kick him in the teeth, you have to kick his kids - unfortunate, yes - so he understands that there are consequences to putting out movies that make our entire society slightly more dumb. Ass.

// Feeling sluggish? Can't get motivated? Are you in need of that "spark" that will jump-start your weekend debauchery? I was hungover Thursday morning and I heard this song in the background on some VH1 show. Jam it loud, and I dare you not to start dancing around your house like Kevin Kline in In & Out. You don't even have a choice! You MUST dance! Gotta love it.


// Have a good weekend, party people. 

1 comment :

Brigee said...

Hone you aint kidding, The Dark Knight is probably the best movie that I have ever seen. I also recommend that everyone see it. You know it.