// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Opening Lines

// When opening lines move against me:


In the first 4 to 5 weeks, we'll see a lot of line movements.  Action.  This variance stems from uncertainty and unknown variables early in the season.  A sign of a true sharp player is if he can get ahead of the "steam".  Lines moving in my favor throughout the week (following my Monday bets) will reveal my talents just as much as the actual games.

In Week 1 lines moved both ways.  The final spread is listed in bold.

Massachusetts (+24.5) – UConn  (+21)
North Texas (+44) – LSU  (+42)
Texas-San Antonio (+6.5) - South Alabama  (+5)
Boston College (+3) – Miami  (+2)
Bowling Green (+29) – Florida  (+28.5)

Hawaii (+40) – USC  (+43.5)
Baylor (-10) – SMU  (-7)
Boise St (+7) - Michigan St  (+8.5)
Wyoming (+30) – Texas  (+31)
Notre Dame (-15) – Navy  (-14.5)

Stanford (-26) - San Jose St  (-26)
Southern Miss (+20.5) – Nebraska  (+20.5)
Buffalo (+38) – Georgia  (+38)
Duke (-3) - Florida Int’l  (-3)

// When lines move in my favor and I'm convinced it's because of my bets (which carry the heat of 1,000 white hot suns in Vegas):

No comments :