// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Saturday, October 11, 2008

CFB Picks Week 7 (Superstition Galore!!!)

// It's Saturday morning. I feel like I'm still getting the picks in on time, but this whole thing now reminds me of back in middle school when homework would be due at the start of class and I'd be copying from Kevin's like 30 seconds before the bell rang. Weird. Building on that point, I'm mailing it in by posting some of the better pictures I've come across in my recent internet travels. Some are funny, some are interesting, some are sad. We run the gamut in these parts, Jack. Ahoy! 




^ Almost made me cry. I probably shouldn't have thrown it up here.


^ Grown up Calvin and Hobbes. I loved that comic.


^ I was just thinking a couple days ago how grueling the campaign schedule must feel.




// Enough pics, let's get to the picks. I chuckled to myself after writing that... I am so alone. Week of 10/11/08. Home teams in ALL CAPS.

+ CINCINNATI (-7.5) over Rutgers -- I always spell Cincinnati with two Ts and only one N. I think it's because their was never a clever rhythmic thing to learn how to spell it like their was for Mississippi or Tennessee. If you haven't seen Rutgers play yet, consider yourself blessed. They're beyond awful. Greg Schiano seems to be suffering the same ill fate as Kirk Ferentz. Anyways, Brian Kelly is a guy I have enough faith in to lay 7.5. Book it.

+ MICHIGAN (-17) over Toledo -- There was a kid from Michigan who used to write for this blog. I think he might've gone to jail or something. Whatever, hey.... let's chalk this one up to the old "up/down" theory. Last week, Juice Williams went banana-balls in Ann Arbor. The last time Michigan was annihilated that thoroughly at home was against the Brad Banks-led Hawkeyes in 2002. It was very un-Michigan. I say they put together a nice offensive game against Toledo, a school that once hosted yours truly for 4 straight summers in band camp AWESOME KID CAMP. By the way, if this seems like I'm trying to pull a 3-week-long jinx on Michigan for the purposes of October 25th, it's because I am.

+ GEORGIA (-13.5) over Tennessee -- See? I spelled Tennessee right on the first try there. Nice! UT is really, really bad. They only scored 13 on Northern Illinois! Georgia looked bad against Bama, yeah, but jeez-o-peets. Georgia's at home and I just think their talent level dwarfs that of Tennessee. Caveat: I was thinking UT for this one for a while until I saw this completely insane item (worth the click). That's enough to lay two touchdowns right there. Next.

+ NORTHWESTERN (+1.5) over Michigan State -- Trying for the reverse jinx here. Nothing fancy.

+ CENTRAL MICHIGAN (-7.5) over Temple -- There was also a kid who went to Central that used to write for this blog. He's definitely in jail.

+ Lock of the Week: Penn State (-6) over WISCONSIN -- I'm high on Penn State, no doubt, but there's no denying they are very close to complete. Dig this as well: Wisconsin will again be without its band. That does not bode well. I'm a firm believer in the power of the band. Not that I'd ever join it. Those nerds. "Hahaha... Hey Jimmy, check this out... NERDS! Hahaha!"

Last Week: 2-2-1 (EEE)
Season: 10-10-2 (VEN STEE)
LOTW: 2-2 (VEN)

5 comments :

Brigee said...

I am not in jail, appearantly they do arrest people for driving against traffic while drunk on the highway, but, again, I am not in jail. But, at least I'm not Kevin

Kevin said...

apparently, brian thinks drunk driving is cool... that's brian for ya...

brian, honer was obviously not talking about you. nobody talks about you.

you will be awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Brigee said...

grow up kevin

Sandoff said...

Just an idea, when you post your links set them up so they open in a differnt window.

Brian - Kevin,
I will turn this car around right mmmmeow!

Mike said...

I use Safari for my internet browsing, and I assume that virtually all visitors to the site use one of four different browsers; IE, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.

Since all of these afforementioned browsers offer tabbed browsing, I find it's easier to give people the option to either open a link in a new tab rather than just automatically opening a different window.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

Shut the fuck up.