// MAINSTREAM

Welcome to the best corner of the Internet.
Welcome to The Mainstream.






Add to      Technorati Favorites

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bowl Game Leans


When my friend Hugh and I watch college football on New Years Day and decide that it's time to order Pequod's Pizza.

//

A buddy asked me to rank all of the games starting on January 1st, except for the the GoDaddy.com Bowl.  11 games.

Compared to the recommended plays during the regular season, each of the plays below has less value.  The algorithm is pricing the lines very similar to Vegas.  These show which way the model is leaning.

In order of confidence:

+ Bowl Leans --
Michigan (+6) - South Carolina
Wisconsin (+6.5) - Stanford
Nebraska (+10) - Georgia
Oklahoma St (-16.5) - Purdue
Oklahoma (+4.5) - Texas A&M
Notre Dame (+10) - Alabama
Northwestern (+1.5) - Mississippi St
Kansas St (+9) - Oregon
Florida (-13.5) - Louisville
Northern Illinois (+13) – Florida St
Mississippi (-3) - Pittsburgh

3 comments :

Brigee said...

Too late now, but I would of like to see a ranking of the Chuckie Cheese Bowl.

Brigee said...

... and now its not appearing as a link... well played blogger, you made me look like a fool.... (Context: the word 'now' was a link to get a free credit score report)

Miggy said...

What was that? Like I know I’m prone to exaggerations here at Mainstream, but without a shadow of a doubt those were the worst comments in the history of the comment section. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody fail more miserably at any endeavor in the history of civilization.